Wednesday 6 July 2011

Kingfisher Blue

Yesterday I walked on the beach when I saw a small blue bird in the corner of my eye... a New Zealand Kingfisher... A beautiful little colourful bird dressed in an outstanding mix of colours. Looking at it flying back to it's nest, it's blue feathers reflecting the sun, I remembered this conversation I had with a friend the other day about animals and fashion.

I tend to dress in basic colours such as shades of black, grey and brown and only occasionally add a dash of red, purple or green to brighten up the lot. I've had times in my life where I needed to have more colour in my clothing, but nowadays I seem to only choose those basic colours... My friend on the contrary loves a colourful outfit. Orange, red, purple, pink ... I think I've seen her wearing all colours imaginable and they all seem to suit her very well. "We're just like different animals", she said. "I'm more of a bird, able to fly away after drawing all the attention, while you are more of an animal living on the ground either having to hunt or being hunted". I completely forgot to ask her how she saw me: as a hunter or as being hunted...

On that particular day I wore a mustard yellow top which she thought looked very good on me and she advised me to wear it more often... I have tried, but very time I put the top on I feel different... Distracted by my own appearance, as it feels, so out it goes and back on goes one of my favourite black merino tops. Back to the fields. And, again wondering what I should be doing there, hunt or run... I must not forget to ask her!

Anyway, inspired by the kingfisher and it's beautiful blue wings, I focussed  a bit more on the blue things surrounding me. So keep an eye out for some Blue items that I will be uploading soon... Beautiful blue dresses, warm woollen cardi's with pacifica blue trims and a funky little top with blue flowers printed at the trim. I love them all, but my all day favourite has to be "Behind Blue Eyes "... Both the original version and Limb Bizkit's version  have filled my work space several times by now.  And for the Dutch readers ... Blauwe Ruis...

I just love Blue today!

I might even wear some blue for a change ...

No comments:

Post a Comment