Monday 27 June 2011

About "The Blue Tree"

The Blue Tree www.thebluetree.co.nz is an online boutique for Fashion and Fashion-Related Products. 


The Blue Tree is based in beautiful Golden Bay, New Zealand, is owned and operated by me, Lisa, and created from my love of life, creation, design, fashion and art.


An Online Boutique

However how unromantic it seems, I cannot help but enjoy spending time in front of my computer and (a bit more romantic?) my sewing machine. Art, fashion, fabrics, clothes, crafts and music are other passions that have always been profoundly present in my life. Once I started admitting that out loud I realised I had to do something with a combination of these. I jumped off the deep end and started building this web shop to share my passions with the rest of the world.

It had to make sense though. It shouldn’t just be a place where people can go to buy clothes online. I wanted it to be a place for creativity: where creativity is present, stimulated and part of a mindful existence. To me living mindfully not only relates to ourselves and our own lives but also affects everyone and everything around us.

I also wanted to create a platform where other entrepreneurs could benefit from the opportunities the internet has to offer. I feel strongly about supporting New Zealand-made products and local businesses. I also believe it would be great if we all supported small businesses and (since I identify with them so easily) especially those run by women. 

Pre-loved, Vintage and Retro Clothing and Accessories  

I have taken on the role of selling and displaying pre-loved, vintage and retro clothing. Sourcing clothes that are in great condition is a real adventure; mending and upcycling them is too. 
New (Hand-Made) Clothing, Jewellery, Stationery and other Fashion-Related Products

As said before, thebluetree.co.nz is a platform where other entrepreneurs can benefit from the opportunities the internet has to offer. We sell Fashion and Fashion-Related products made by local businesses and female entrepreneurs from all over the world. (And... we are always looking for new products, so please feel free to contact us when you to sell through us). 

After a year of putting things in place (time flies when you're having fun) and together with my family and friends creating what I had in mind, summer 2011 marked a new beginning: The Blue Tree was a fact! 




The Blue Tree: Online Boutique for FASHION and those fashion-related products that stimulate your imagination & creativity and make life so much more fun & original ...

Go on ... Enjoy Your Uniqueness so we can enjou YOU! "

No comments:

Post a Comment